At Best Odds Corp, we want you to get credit for everything you’ve written for us. The best way to do this is by setting up Google Authorship so your photo appears in Google when an article written by you is found by a potential visitor. The search engine will display something that looks like this:
Pretty neat huh?
How to setup Google Authorship at Best Odds Corp
Setting up your authorship is quite easy using our tools. Authorship is setup on our network by default. Before you’re able to setup authorship you will need:
- A Google Plus Account
- A WordPress admin account with Best Odds Corp
- At least one post
Once you’ve ensured that you have these, follow this guide to connect your accounts.
1. Login to your WordPress account on the site(s) you’re an author of.
2. Go to your profile in WordPress.
This is where you’ll find the “Google+” field.
3. Copy your Google Plus profile address into the “Google Plus” text field.
When you fill this out, the link will automatically be added to each post or page you publish by our Google authorship software.
4. Link back to the site from your Google Plus profile under the “Contributor to” field.
This verifies to Google that you’re the real author.
Test That Your Google Authorship Works
Once you’re finished setting up your authorship, you’ll need to make sure it works. There’s an easy tool for this.
Test your authorship:
- Click the link above
- Select a page that you’ve authored on the site.
- Input the url of the page into the Google rich snippets testing tool.
- View your results.